Player Unknown Battlegrounds or PUBG if you will is a spectacular game and has dedicated fans on all continents. The game has been a craze ever since it was released in 2017 and shows no signs of stopping.
That is why we are here to discuss the game in detail and expound on all the details and statistics related to it for the benefit of fans and the general audience alike.
Some consider PUBG to be an obsolete game in 2022. However, this is far from true as the game is more popular than ever. It is receiving more and more players this year. To prove this, the following statistics might be instrumental:
· PUBG has more than 1.2 billion players who play the game from different parts of the World
· PUBG has been one of the most popular games on Twitch and has been watched for a total of more than 15.8 million hours in the year 2022
· PUBG is used by more than 30 million players on an average basis daily
· The majority of players in PUBG are from the age groups of 15-25 and are male
· The highest number of concurrent players on PUBG was about 3.24 million
PUBG is the earliest Battle Royale game and some even call it the progenitor of the genre. You are bound to be fascinated by the game and the statistics that it evinces even though you aren’t a gamer or fan of the game itself:
One of the biggest indicators of PUBG’s popularity is the number of players associated with it. At present, there are more than 1.2 billion players in the game from various regions of the world. This figure is impressive by itself and is seeing a steady increase with each passing day.
PUBG is by far one of the most viewed games on the platform and has accrued more than 15.8 million hours of viewing by fans on Twitch. It has even been ranked number 5 on Twitch.
PUBG has been a winner on the Steam Platform ever since its release in 2017. It is one of the most popular Steam games and even had more than 527 thousand players concurrently on average in 2022. This figure has remained consistent and even increased to the present date.
Erangel is the most preferred map in PUBG and has a usage rating of 51.7% by players. This is followed by Sanhok which is the 2nd most preferred map. Erangel is older and more diverse than the other ones as well.
PUBG has got one of the largest and most awesome concurrent player figures. The game receives more than 30 million players on an average day across its different ports and variants.
Unsurprisingly, the largest Server base for PUBG originates in the USA with the country’s servers making up for more than one-quarter of the game’s total player count. This is followed by China, which holds a 19% share of the player count. The rest are from India, the UK, Pakistan, etc.
These Key Statistics provide a more accurate description of the game’s appeal and attraction in the world of gaming. Read on and see for yourself:
PUBG is one of the most popular and successful games in the world. As such, you might be curious about how much revenue the game generates. That is why we have collated all the pertinent data related to this aspect as follows for your convenience and information:
· PUBG managed to gross more than 2.6 billion dollars in 2020 and become the top most profitable game of that year. At present, the game is well worth over 7 billion dollars.
· PUBG generates more than 8.1 million dollars on average daily and has improved a lot ever since the game’s release
· PUBG attained a figure of 136.1 million dollars in player spending in May of 2022
· In 2022, Krafton, the owner of PUBG released the financial reports for the game’s first quarter. The report elaborated that PUBG: Mobile has attained 75% of its revenue goal for the duration. The game managed to reach 407 million in profit which was about 13.7% better than the previous year’s figure
· PUBG too saw a huge upheaval in its revenue during the lockdown days of Coronavirus. Players hit a record figure of 300 million during the peak of the global lockdown period
· PUBG continues to generate tremendous revenue at present as well. The revenue figures associated with the game are continuing to improve in the coming years. For instance, January of 2021 was the game’s 3rd best month ever where it earned about 259 million dollars. This figure has improved at present as well by a considerable degree.
PUBG is a popular game and the stats on its usage are also indicative of this fact. These stats are explained in detail as follows for your information. Go on and have a read:
· PUBG has sold well over 75 million copies ever since its release in 2017. These copies are the ones that have been purchased for PC and consoles and don’t include PUBG Mobile which is a free-to-play game. This is pretty amazing if you ask us
· PUBG was the highest grossing game for 2020 and 2021 consecutively. It generated more than 2 billion dollars in 2021 alone
· 51.7% of Players of PUBG are from the USA, placing it in the 1st position
· 19% of the game’s players are from China, which places the country in 2nd position
· India was a most fecund and promising region for PUBG with players' stats amounting to about 14% of the game’s total base. However, this figure dwindled significantly after the game was banned in the region
The thing is PUBG has effectively cemented its position as one of the best games of all time. You can owe this success to several reasons, reasons that we are going to elucidate as follows:
Ever since its release in 2017, PUBG hasn’t advertised much. In the initial days, it was the strong and impressive word of mouth and clamor from fans that drove others towards the game. It is different from now where PUBG has got dedicated advertising and pertinent campaigns associated with it in countries such as India, the UK, etc.
PUBG is a game that has global appeal and is loved by fans all across the globe. That is why it is of little wonder that the game currently holds records that have remained unbroken. For one, the game managed to sell a whopping 24 million copies in its initial year. It also went on to make a huge record when it hosted the largest number of concurrent players, about 1,342,857, simultaneously. By doing so, PUBG beat DOTA 2 and CS: Global Offensive.
PUBG has got some of the most stringent and unwavering policies when it comes to hacking. The game can slap you with a most egregious ban if you are caught cheating or using hacks. The game can ban a wayward player with a ban for the next 100 years, which is pretty ruthless if you ask us. The game’s developers set a new record when they banned over 30,000 players in a single day over the most trivial of indiscretions and violation cases. That is why you should expunge any aspirations that you might have for using hacks in the game.
The renowned and distinctive map, Erangel is named after Eryn, the daughter of Brendon Greene. Brendon calls her his angel and that is how the name Erangel came into being since it is an amalgamation of Eryn and Angel.
PUBG allows you to record your gameplay from any angle or position, thereby achieving a 3-D effect in recording. It is a pretty terrific addition, one that most people miss out on or are unaware of.
In the end, all we can say is that the people who claim PUBG to be dead and out of its element in 2022 are wrong and misinformed. The game is better than ever and is growing in all aspects steadily and palpably. You can find a greater number of players from diverse backgrounds in the game. The PUBG Mobile port is receiving some much-needed love and support from the gaming community and fans at present. The developers have ramped up the optimization and the bugs that infested the PC port have been ironed out consummately. All in all, the game is in good shape and will only get better with time so you should take this moment to jump in on the fun.